Copper is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in the body. It helps produce red blood cells and keep our bones healthy. Ayurveda, which means "the science of life," has been used for centuries to heal people with different diseases and conditions. This blog post covers ayurvedic copper health benefits as well as dosha-specific ayurvedic copper tips!
A dosha is a person's natural constitution that can be determined by ayurvedic, or traditional Hindu medicine. A Dosha may have one of three types: vata (air and space), pitta (fire) and kapha (water). Each type has its own specific qualities. For example, Vatas are typically identified as cheerful, creative people with an agile brain but they also need to pay attention to their nervous system; Pittas tend to get angry quickly and produce excess heat in the body which causes them anxiety due to being too much "in your face"; Kaphas make up most of our tissues so they're susceptible to developing colds when getting sick because it takes time for the virus/bacteria to reach them.
How copper balances the body
Copper is an essential trace mineral in ayurveda, and it’s also important for the human body. It has been found to help sensitize nerve endings in the mouth that aid taste perception by helping create a sense of tanginess on your tongue when you eat something sour or sweet. This means copper helps with digestion, as well! Copper-rich foods are great for people who have compromised immune systems due to illness like diabetes, because they may be vulnerable to infections caused by bacteria from foodborne illnesses. After all, many common pathogens use iron (the opposite of copper) as an electron source for their metabolism and replication cycle so if there's less iron around the odds are better that these microorganisms will die out before they can start a new infection.
Benefits of drinking from a copper water bottle
- Copper is a natural bacteria killer and it helps to keep your water clean.
- Copper has health benefits like preventing kidney stones, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, gout and more! Copper also regulates hormone production in the body which can help with premenstrual syndrome or PMS symptoms. It even helps prevent osteoporosis by increasing absorption of calcium into bones.
- Copper provides antioxidant protection from free radicals that may lead to cancer growths... copper detoxifies heavy metals such as mercury or arsenic so they are not able to be absorbed through our food sources anymore.
- Copper (along with many other nutrients) works with zinc for insulin signaling pathways in the body which can help with diabetes. Copper also produces copper-zinc superoxide dismutase to protect our cells from free radicals that would otherwise cause damage and cell death.
- Copper is a major component in the formation of red blood cells, bones, connective tissues, hair color and other pigments as well as being an essential mineral for human life!
- Copper water bottles are safe because they keep your valuable copper content out of contact with air or plastic surfaces that could lead to oxidation. This means it will not lose any copper ions while you drink from it... this is unlike aluminum cans or plastic containers where you may be consuming harmful chemicals like BPA on top of losing some zinc if the bottle has been heated up before use.
- Copper is also one of the best dissipators of heat - which means water stays cold for hours longer than traditional plastic or steel bottles!